Craig and Kelli invited us to go horseback riding again right before Powell when the leaves were amazing. I went not caring if we saw one elk because I was mostly interested in the trees. Well, little did any of us know what we were in for. We hadn't been riding for 20 min when we came upon about 35 cows and 5 bulls. Two of them were gigantic! Not only that but we were listening to 4 others bugling from the mountains around us. The sound was unbelievable. Within minutes of us getting to them the two biggest bulls charged each other! One of them plowed over a cow sending her rolling to get to the other bull. Their horns clashed again and again. They were mad!! Then they would chase the smaller bulls away, making sounds that would echo in the beautiful mountains. I had no idea how witnessing this would impact me. It was such raw nature and I was shocked when it stirred up emotion in me. It was almost as powerful as when I saw Humpback whales swimming around and under our boat in Hawaii. We live here and forget what amazing things are happening in the mountains around us. Seeing creation at work was good for the soul.
Thank you Craig and Kelli!
One of the satellite bulls being chased off. (smaller bulls)
I wish our pictures did our trip justice, but they don't come close. We were all so amazed we just sat and stared. Then when the camera finally got brought out..the horses were moving quite a bit. Greg, and Craig who have been hunting for years and Kelli who has been riding in these mountains her whole life said they had never seen anything like it. I felt very lucky to be there. It was well worth having to shut my mouth and be quiet for a while.
Here I am imitating Kelli explaining how much she loves elk sounds. She is very passionate about elk sounds.
I love that you are a total cowgirl now. I think you need to have Tim Mcgraw on your blog instead of John Mayer. {Only Kidding}. We all know that I have always loved horses and have rode since I was little just don't get to do as much anymore.
coco...(who should know my sense of humor by now) should "get" my title. elk has never been an even slight interest to me. but this trip was so neat i became...an elk lovin woman!! (sounds kinda cowgirlish coco)
Yeehaw!! Your turning into quite the cowgirl!! Love the pictures. Horseback riding is so fun, especially when your up in the beautiful mountians! So happy to see Craig happy and married! He wife seems really cool.
You're braver than I am. If I saw all those elk I think I would've turned tail and run! They are huge! But a very cool moment, nonetheless. I agree with the first comment, btw. You are gorgeous with or without braces. You need to show off those pearly (shiny, reflective) whites more often!
9 comments:
Love the pictures, I know we need to remember what a great place we live. And you need to smile more, even with your braces you are beautiful.
okay, the title of this post needs to go down as the strangest one ever! and that last comment left by the johnsons, how nice!
besides the great title, it was a lovely post--haven't made it up the canyon this fall, thanks for the pics.
Beautiful Ell and I love the title of the post Sums it up!!!
I love that you are a total cowgirl now. I think you need to have Tim Mcgraw on your blog instead of John Mayer. {Only Kidding}. We all know that I have always loved horses and have rode since I was little just don't get to do as much anymore.
coco...(who should know my sense of humor by now) should "get" my title. elk has never been an even slight interest to me. but this trip was so neat i became...an elk lovin woman!! (sounds kinda cowgirlish coco)
Yeehaw!! Your turning into quite the cowgirl!! Love the pictures. Horseback riding is so fun, especially when your up in the beautiful mountians! So happy to see Craig happy and married! He wife seems really cool.
You're braver than I am. If I saw all those elk I think I would've turned tail and run! They are huge! But a very cool moment, nonetheless. I agree with the first comment, btw. You are gorgeous with or without braces. You need to show off those pearly (shiny, reflective) whites more often!
Ell, you have become quite the outdoors women! Is there is nothing prettier though! And that is a big elk, wow!
Post a Comment