Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Proud Of My Bro


Cassidy rode hard and fast but had some bad luck and a couple wrecks. He told an interviewer, "I've had better days." He is so amazing to watch...I am so proud of him, how hard he works, and how much he has accomplished. We had a blast being there with him, getting to be behind the scenes and meeting a lot of cool people.
He is off to Connecticut this weekend for his next race of the season.

This is in the Athlete's Lounge. Full of food, good air conditioning, video games, love sacs and lots of free stuff!
Behind the tent is the Honda Troy Lee / Red Bull semi truck that carries their bikes across the country. Under the tent is where all the bikes are worked on and kept.


Dave, Cassidy's Mechanic

Off to practice!

Talking strategy with Nicky Hayden...more to come on him.

Cassidy's bike, Dave Pingree, and Nicky Hayden
Cassidy's team mates are David Pingree, and Jeff Ward and on this special occasion Nicky Hayden.

Even bike racers appreciate cute cup cakes! These have the Troy Lee logo on them. They looked like Dipidee ones.


Greg and I took off and drove over to the Staples Center for Skate Big Air and MotoCross best trick. The skate board ramp is seriously straight down and goes clear up to the rafters!! We also saw a guy do a front flip on his bike!! He didn't land it though.

It was so amazing to be there....this set up is so unbelievably HUGE!

Me and Nicole...Cassidy's wife.

I was so excited to get a photo with her, her name is Ashley Fiolek. This is the first year X Games has had women's motocrosss. She is really fast but wasn't able to ride because of a wrist injury.....the coolest thing about her is not only that she rides but she is deaf! What a cool girl!
Go Girls!!


This is NICKY HAYDEN!
He is a World Champion Moto GP racer. They are the fastest road racers on the fastest bikes. Over 200 miles an hour. This guy is a "rock star" in Europe. He is big time, but couldn't have been a nicer guy. He decided it would be fun to try out Supermoto at the X Games and ended up joining Cassidy's team! Unfortunately he got sprained his ankle in practice and decided to not risk anymore injury.
This photo is dedicated to Hayley Holliman!
This is the one and only Ricky Carmichael!! Hayley once told me he is her John Mayer!
His nick name is the GOAT "Greatest of all time" in SuperCross.

And this is Nicole and I with the one and only Jeremy McGrath. He was camped right by us..riding his skate board and getting his picture taken a lot.....by me.


Here he is with Troy Lee. (far right)


Jeremy, Jeff, and Cass walking the track.


Bob Burnquist, he won Big Air Skateboard.
Me and Jeff Ward. He took the Gold Medal! Yea Jeff!


Maddy and I with Carey Hart. Pink's ex husband. Really nice too.

Nicky hanging out with the Anderson fam...growing up in a motorcycle obsessed family, this was a surreal experience. He was telling us about his family and his sisters.
Being the southern gentleman that he is...he saw my mom standing in the back ground and reached to shake her hand saying, " is this mom?" Such a down to earth nice guy.



Our friend Owen is Nicky's biggest fan. He sent his Repsol jacket with us in hopes of getting it signed. We did a great acting job telling him we weren't able to, then surprised him when we got home!

Repsol Honda is the team Nicky is on.


He wrote 2 Owen Nicky Hayden 69

He could be Edward....what do ya think?


Cass, Jeff and Nicky talking track.




He wore his riding leathers. When he would go into turns he would put his knee down instead of his foot like supermoto riders do.



Starting Line






I'll smile with my teeth once my braces come off :)

Griff and Greger

I didn't know

Back Flip!


Mom, fresh from her honeymoon Carly, and Madison
Dad and Mad


Look at those braceless straight teeth...I'm jelous!



Hay Hay

12 comments:

Hayley Holliman said...

HOLY CRAP DUDE!! I've been waiting for my picture! I think you are the only other girl who understands how I fill about motocross or motorcycles in general. I can't even explain how jealous I am. I tell most people about Ricky Carmichael and their like "Ricky Who?".... Anyways I'm glad you guys had fun. And I can't believe how AWESOME Cassidy is. Once again I'm very jealous. Tell your dad to plan on adding 2 more to the Anderson family next year {that would be Me and Josh}. And THANKS for the picture. I hope you told him it was for his BIGGEST fan in Utah...

Hayley Holliman said...

O - One more thing I saw Indi, Sloane, and Beaux at the swimming pool on Friday. They were having so much fun!! And very well taken care of. I thought you might want to know...

Tiff said...

That looks so fun and yes he could be edward I'm dying - I love your smile but I can't wait to see some teeth girlfriend!!!

jerry said...

Who's Edward?

Hayley Holliman said...

O.K. I got more to say. First your Dad doesn't know who Edward is??? He really needs to get caught up on his Vampires. Second I loved the cupcakes. I hope you ate one they looked soooo good. Third was that I remember that Ashley Fiolek, Stone raced against her little brother at Loretta's. And I think she was racing their also, or I can't remember if she had a broken arm then too. But I know she was there. Anyways I just had to add a little more....

hayleyrowan said...

we love watching the entire xgames, so it's awesome to see the behind the scenes take. cassidy's awesome.

Griff said...

ha elle you should have walked up to Nicky Hayden and been like...."Edward? Is that you?" Wish we could have been there to meet him. But the X-Games were a blast and i am so glad that one of my million ugly crazy eye photos got on the blog. I only sat there looking like that for 5 minutes while people thought there was something wrong with me. haha

Griff said...

by the way this is CARLY i am just on griffins account.

McKinney's said...

Elle...Looks like a great time. Reminds me of my bike racing days when I was younger. Thanks for sharing all the fun pics. Tell Cass nice job. It was fun to watch him....Brandon

coco said...

okay, you told me there were a ton of guy pictures that you posted--i didn't think i'd be too interested! i have to admit, that was really fun to see/read! what a fun weekend--you put a whole new perspective on the x-games...

Robyn said...

Looks like you had so much fun, I feel like I have not looked at your blog forever, and can i just say you look so hot in all those pictures! whew who!! Glad you had fun and we watched your bro it was fun to see! Hey we really need to do something does it feel like forever? Holy crap! Talk to you soon! PS I never told you thanks for taking care of the plants and kitty so thanks!

Owen said...

Agh, wish I could have been there! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for getting Nicky's signature. I am forever in your debt!