Friday, May 7, 2010

Do Bananas rhyme with Cereal?

On BiRtHdAyS the birthday boy or girl gets to choose a homemade dinner of their choice. We have all had a turn to pick our favorite yummy recipe and my mom works hard to make it just right. Last month came dads birthday and we were really excited knowing we were going to have something yummy for dinner. We should have known better. This is what he picked....


Photobucket

My dad is what you would call a one meal (a day) man. Or use the term, "he eats like a bird." I really just believe he doesn't have taste buds because food does nothing for him. Unless it is my mom's pumpkin pie, that's it!! Mom has it pretty easy in the dinner making department because he comes home and heads straight for his little cereal bowl and milk.

Today as part of Sloane's preschool homework I had to make up 2 words at a time and she had to tell me if they rhymed. I began...Plate/State? YES! Blue/Shoe? YES! Banana/Cereal? Sloane BURST into laughter and then said still laughing, "Did you get that from Grandpa?!!" It was SOO funny. Just funny but even more funny that she remembered his birthday dinner and still got a huge kick out of it. Here are some more pic of our feast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The only thing my dad can actually taste

Photobucket

Photobucket

He usually puts cayenne pepper on his cantelope. Probably so he can taste it.

Happy Late Birthday Dad! Can't wait to see what box of cereal is on the counter next year!

3 comments:

jerry said...

It will still be Cheerios.

Hayley Anderson Photography said...

That's why he loves Fireballs and ginger!! Strong flavors! It all makes sense now...

Hilarie said...

K- Ellery- I've been a silent stalker for FAR too long on your blog. I LOVE it! And I remember how fun, kind, and funny your dad always was. Happy (belated) Birthday to Jerry. And your girls are so beautiful- no surprise. I remember always admiring how pretty you have ALWAYS been.